Raven, on August 16, posted a new patch for Call of Duty: Warzone which brings a slight tweaking of weapons, however signaling that there are more changes on the way. Raven Software specifically mentions that future weapon balancing will impact Warzone’s high-tier weapons, while the last few hours’ update changes guns and a few other weapons.
The August 16 patch notes reveal that some minor bugs have been fixed, including a problem with Red Doors that were letting multiple teams pass, and an issue with Battle Pass tiers not unlocking properly when the Battle Pass or Battle Pass Bundle was received as a gift.
In regards to weapon balance, the bullet speed has been increased at the Fennec, while the AS VAL assault rifle has been nerfed. For the pistols, the AMP 63, M19 and Sykov also received nerf damage.
READ ALSO: Call of Duty: Vanguard, here is the first official teaser trailer!
Raven then stated that she was ready to heavily modify Warzone’s assault rifleswith a new update that will arrive very soon:
We are generally satisfied with the state of equilibrium and do not think that something needs to be addressed immediately. However, we believe there are some outliers in the assault rifle category that have been top tier for long enough; now it is appropriate to reduce their power level to give other weapons some time in the spotlight. These changes will come very soon.
You can find the full patch notes below. Before leaving you to read, we remind you that on Warzone, in a few days, it will happen the reveal of Call of Duty: Vanguardthe newest chapter in the series.
- Fixed an issue that allowed multiple teams to enter the same Red Door.
- Fixed an issue where Battle Pass levels were not unlocked properly when receiving the Battle Pass or Battle Pass Bundle as a gift.
- Fixed an issue with the PPSh-41 (BOCW) where the KGB Eliminator and GRU Suppressor Attachment icons would appear as white boxes.
AS VAL (MW)
- Maximum damage reduced from 30 to 27
- Projectile speed increased by 13.4%
Charlie Machine Gun (MW)
- Maximum damage reduced from 34 to 31
- Maximum damage range reduced by 5.4%
- Upper torso damage multiplier increased from 1 to 1.1
OT 9 (BOCW)
- ADS weapon swing decreased
AMP 63 (BOCW)
- Maximum damage reduced from 33 to 31
- Average damage now 28
- Minimum damage reduced from 28 to 23
This change only applies when using Akimbo
- Maximum damage reduced from 33 to 29
- Average damage reduced from 28 to 25
- Minimum damage reduced from 23 to 20
- This change only applies when using Akimbo
This change only applies when using Sorokin 140mm Auto
- Maximum damage reduced from 27 to 24
- Average damage reduced from 23 to 20
- Minimum damage reduced from 19 to 17
- This change only applies when using Sorokin 140mm Auto
Thanks for reading!