Torn Banner Studios and Tripwire Presents, along with co-publisher retail partner Deep Silver, are happy to announce that Chivalry 2 will be launched on June 8, 2021 with Cross-Play support for PC (Epic Games Store), PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S. PC gamers can pre-order Chivalry 2 now to get access to the Cross-Play Beta starting on March 26th.
The pre-orders of the Chivalry 2: Day One Edition for PC & Console are live from today at selected retailers and will offer, to those who pre-order, the “Royal Zweihänder” weapon skin.
Digital pre-orders of Chivalry 2 are also open for all platforms and also offer incentives. For more details visit the official website.
“Our development team has done everything possible to create the best medieval fighting game imaginable,” said Steve Piggott, Founder of Torn Banner. “Chivalry 2 will offer everything that fans of the first title have dreamed of and more, from a rebuilt combat system to huge improvements in scale and graphics.”
“We continue to be impressed with the craftsmanship and creativity of our partners at Torn Banner Studios,” said John Gibson, CEO and Co-owner of Tripwire Interactive. “They have created something very special with Chivalry 2, building the foundation for a game that will allow players to experience epic medieval battles across all five major gaming platforms for years to come.”
Scheduled for March 26, through March 29, for PC (Epic Games Store) PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X / S Console, the Chivalry 2 Cross-Play Closed Beta event will offer fans the chance to experience the ultimate medieval battlefield ahead of its cross-platform global launch on June 8th.
For more information from developer Torn Banner Studios on what a “true sequel” means to the genre-defining first-person medieval slasher, and for a closer look at the next era of hand-to-hand combat, check out Chivalry 2’s Dev Diary. .
More details on the Cross-Play Closed Beta event:
- Cross-Play across all platforms: cross-play breaks down the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, launch on the front lines and experience true full-scale combat supporting up to 64 players designed to capture the intensity and scope of Game of Thrones’ Battle of the Bastards.
- Master your arsenal: your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that offers more variety than ever. Four base classes expand into 12 subclasses, including the Skirmischer, a melee / ranged hybrid, to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps enemies at bay with long range melee.
- The world is your weapon: dominate the action with a variety of heavy siege engines including ballistas, catapults, trebuchets, rams, traps and more. Use the traps to defend yourself. You can even deal damage with “found items” on the battlefield. Try knocking down a cup of mead and deliver a fatal blow with the empty goblet or kill an enemy by throwing a burning chicken in their face!
- New map – The Siege of Rudhelm: Following the PAX East 2020 Chivalry 2’s first hands on, experience the return of fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attack or defense teams as 64 players vie for control of a well-built castle fortified.
- Many modes: In addition to the Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also hone their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.
Chivalry 2 is a first-person multiplayer slasher inspired by epic medieval battles. Players will face action in every iconic moment of the era: with sharp swords, storms of flaming arrows, sprawling castle sieges, and more. Dominate huge battlefields, while catapults tear the opponent to pieces during the siege of castles, villages are set on fire and flames, to achieve the team’s objectives.
Enhancing the original Chivalry: Medieval Warfare, Chivalry 2 invites players to master the blade with an all-new and improved combat system that combines real-time strikes and a combo system to accelerate the action and allow players to become a whirlwind. of steel on the battlefield. Created with the ability to plan to fight multiple enemies at once, Chivalry 2’s battles mix the best of FPS and fighting game genres to deliver an unrivaled fast-paced melee.