SQUARE ENIX has unveiled Endwalkerthe highly anticipated fourth expansion of FINAL FANTASY XIV Onlinethe award-winning MMO with over 20 million registered players.
Endwalker, set for release in the fall of 2021 on PC, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4 and Mac, represents the culmination of Hydaelyn and Zodiark’s story, as Warriors of Light will face something even more terrifying as they reach the furthest corners. remote from Hydaelyn and will even reach the moon. In addition to wrapping up the long story arc that began with A Realm Reborn, Endwalker will mark a new beginning for the beloved MMO, setting the stage for new adventures that longtime fans and new players can experience together.
Endwalker was featured in the first “FINAL FANTASY XIV Announcement Showcase” in history, an event in which Naoki Yoshida, producer and director of the game, showed a wonderful trailer that laid the foundation for this new chapter of the saga of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online.
During the presentation, Yoshida also announced that there will be a PlayStation 5 version of FINAL FANTASY XIV Online. The open beta is scheduled to begin on April 13, 2021. The PlayStation 5 version will include various improvements over the PlayStation 4 version, including significant framerate improvements, faster load times, support for 4K resolution and more. still. Players with a registered FFXIV service account for the PlayStation 4 version will be able to download and play the PlayStation 5 Upgrade Version at no additional cost at the start of the open beta period, while new players will be able to discover the game on PlayStation 5 thanks to the free trial. The full version of the game will be available on PlayStation 5 at the end of the open beta.
The new expansion will include various new features, including new jobs, an increased level cap, very large new areas, adaptations to the battle system, a series of new challenges to face and new content for collecting and creating. During the presentation, the following content was announced for Endwalker:
- Travel to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even to the moon!
- New trades – the Sage and more
- Increased level cap from 80 to 90
- Very large new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair and the city of Radz-at-Han
- A new Beast Tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threatsincluding Soul
- New dungeons
- A new high difficulty raid: Pandæmonium
- A new series of alliance raids that will reveal secrets
- New scaled-down PvP content
- A new ally of the “Trust” system: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A new residential neighborhood: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxation and fun in the Island Sanctuary
- New equipment and recipes for crafting
- Expanded horizons thanks to the Data Center Travel System
Fans will be able to learn more about Endwalker at the FINAL FANTASY XIV 2021 Digital Fan Festival, taking place on May 15-16, 2021. All events from this fully digital Fan Festival will be streamed for free on the official FINAL FANTASY XIV channels.