The players, during the event State of Play organized by Sony, they had a chance to take a closer look at Knockout Citytitle by EA and Velan, which shows the energy and fun of multiplayer dodgebrawl.
The Velan Studios team is also thrilled to reveal that a Knockout City cross-play beta will be held April 2-4 – an opportunity that allows even more players to fight on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC via Origin and Steam, PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S. In this upcoming beta, players will be able to immerse themselves in the content they already enjoyed in the first trial. Not only that: new elements will be included in this version, such as the Back Alley Brawl map, the Sniper Ball, the 1v1 Face-Off playlist and unique customizations. The cross-play beta includes a total of four maps, five different balls, two modes (3v3 and 1v1) and additional customization items. Fans can register here – more details will be available below.
The new gameplay trailer, shown at Sony’s State of Play event, not only demonstrates the new gameplay features that will be included in the cross-play beta, but also what sets Knockout City apart from other multiplayer experiences: positioning. , timing and teamwork.
Here are some of the highlights:
- Tricks to catch your opponents off guard, like the dreaded Fake Throw
- Ultimate Throws, to launch your teammates in the air, thus causing an instant explosion that can instantly KO opponents
- An in-depth progression system that provides hundreds of options to tweak your style based on your personality and that of the crew
- A look at some of the Knockout City maps, where the different environments enjoy unique mechanics for every fight that might break out
- Special balls that keep the gameplay interesting: like the Sniper Ball, which crashes on targets across the map, the Bomb Ball, which will explode on your opponent, and more
- A variety of game modes including 1v1, Team KO with 3v3 action and more
Knockout City will launch on May 21, 2021 with a free trial of the entire title on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC via Origin and Steam, and will be available on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X | S via backwards compatibility. The free trial will offer players the opportunity to try the game before purchasing it for the modest price of € 19.99, with all their progress carried over. Once Knockout City is purchased, players will have free access to new content each season, including new maps, game modes, balls and more, adding value to the starting price.