Koch Media today presents its premium gaming label, Prime Matter, created to bring together under one portfolio, engaging and immersive titles from development studios around the world.
As Koch Media continues to grow as a provider of global publishing services for large and small developers, the company has decided to further expand its line-up to meet and embrace the needs of an increasingly large and diverse audience.
The new label will release a rich variety of new titles across a wide range of genres, as well as some established brands such as Warhorse Studios.
Operating from Koch Media’s headquarters in Munich, Prime Matter is a dynamic reality made up of industry veterans and new and enthusiastic faces gathered in an incredible team of multicultural gaming experts.
Working in collaboration with Koch Media’s global publishing offices and development partners – led by Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director (Games) Koch Media Group – Prime Matter will develop its projects with creativity and passion, to offer games in able to enchant audiences with compelling storytelling, incredible moments and thrilling experiences.
“Prime Matter is a new home for our premium games, offering current and future partners all the Koch Media Group experience along with a new and dynamic team dedicated to maximizing their true potential.“Said Koch Media CEO Klemens Kundratitz. “The core of the video game industry is, of course, entertainment. Prime Matter will constantly seek to innovate and inspire players with all of its activities, while maintaining the core value of what makes our industry so special: fun. “
Today’s launch of Prime Matter ties in with the announcement of a number of new IPs and products from development studios around the world, including:
- Payday 3 – by Starbreeze Studios (Sweden) – the latest chapter of the first-person co-op shooter, set in a Hollywood-like location, which allows the player to live the fantasy of playing the role of an internationally renowned career criminal, who joins the legendary PAYDAY band.
- Crossfire: Legion – Smilegate and Prime Matter are teaming up to release Crossfire: Legion, the RTS game from Canadian developer Blackbird Interactive. The world of Crossfire provides the perfect setting and backdrop for an RTS featuring a futuristic global warfare and fierce warring factions.
- Painkiller – The legendary Painkiller is back! Keep your eyes peeled for more information!
- Kings Bounty 2 – Developed by 1C Entertainment (Russia), King’s Bounty II will be the successor to the popular RPG franchise that has redefined the strategy genre.
- (New IP) Scars Above – by Mad Head Games (Serbia) is a dark dark sci-fi action adventure with a lone protagonist who must survive in a truly hostile nightmare world.
- (New IP) Codename Final Form (title in progress) – from Polish developer Reikon Games, is an adrenaline-pumping futuristic FPS where the player takes on the role of a cybernetic Valkyrie who must save humanity from extinction.
- Gungrave GORE – is an elegant third-person action shooter from South Korean studio IGGYMOB, starring Grave, gunslinger and tough antihero, ready to take down tons of enemies with bursts of deadly smoking bullets.
- (New IP) Dolmen – Developed by the Brazilian Massive Work Studio. DOLMEN is a terrifying new action RPG that combines futuristic science fiction and Lovecraftian cosmic horror.
- (New IP) The Last Oricru – From the minds of the developers of GoldKnights (Czech Republic) comes The Last Oricru, a third-person action RPG that takes place in a unique medieval setting combined with sci-fi elements.
- (New IP) Echoes Of The End (title in progress) – developed by the Icelandic studio Myrkur Games – a single player action adventure set in a unique fantasy world, which tells the story of Ryn in search of her true purpose in the world.
- (New IP) The Chant (title in progress) – Developed by Canadian studio Brass Token, this psychological thriller will immerse the player in a third person psychedelic horror adventure.
- (New IP) Encased – from the Russian developer Dark Crystal Games, a classic role-playing game in which the player is on a mission to discover the secrets of an alien civilization.
- Officially coming to Nintendo Switch Kingdome Come Deliverance Of Warhorse Studios (Czech Republic) in collaboration with Saber Interactive.
In addition, numerous will be released under the new label legacy brands of studios that already work with Koch Media. These will include Warhorse Studios ‘new game, Outward coming to Gen 9 from Nine Dots Studio (Canada) and Taleworlds’ Mount and Blade II: Bannerlords (Turkey), also coming to consoles.
“Games originate from the minds and hearts of developers. Prime Matter focuses on maximizing the potential of studios, helping them grow their dream or vision; one of our core values is to provide support, giving everyone the opportunity and freedom to express themselves as they deserve. Some of the most popular IPs in our industry started with crowdfunding, or projects outside the mainstream system that the developers believed in … history has shown that inspiration and talent are not defined by stereotypes.”Said Mario Gerhold, Global Brand & Marketing Director (Games) Koch Media Group.
Koch Media Group now manages five editorial lines as follows: Prime Matter, HQ Munich (Germany), Deep Silver, HQ Reading (England), Milestone, HQ Milan (Italy), Vertigo, HQ Rotterdam (Netherlands) and Ravenscourt, HQ Munich (Germany).
“Over the past 25 successful years, we have seen Koch Media grow significantly. From ambitious indie developers taking the first step in need of that full development and publishing support, without compromising their dream, to big studios that required our well-established global distribution and publishing network – the more opportunities we created, the more it made sense to add a string to our bow”Said Koch Media CEO Klemens Kundratitz.