If you are following the opening ceremony of Tokyo 2020 Olympicsyou have probably noticed one soundtrack very particular: the most passionate gamers, connoisseurs in particular of Japanese videogame works, cannot fail to appreciate the musical background that accompanies the long parade of athletes.
The Japanese have decided to prepare a beautiful mix of the most popular soundtracks among iconic titles such as Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Chrono Trigger, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, Nier, Soulcalibur And Sonic the Hedgehog.
Below is the complete list of the songs chosen:
- Dragon Quest (Overture Main Theme)
- Final Fantasy (Victory Fanfare)
- Tales of Zestiria (Slay’s Theme)
- Monster Hunter (Proof of a Hero)
- Kingdom Hearts (Colosseum of Olympus)
- Chrono Trigger (Frog’s Theme)
- Ace Combat (First Flight)
- Tales of Series (Royal Capital, Majestic Grandeur)
- Monster Hunter (Wind of Departure)
- Chrono Trigger (Robo’s Theme)
- Sonic the Hedgehog (Star Light Zone)
- Winning Eleven / Pro Evolution Soccer (Entry Theme)
- Final Fantasy (Main Theme)
- Phantasy Star Universe (Guardians)
- Kingdom Hearts (Hero’s Fanfare)
- Gradius (01 ACT 1-1)
- NieR (Song of the Ancients)
- Saga Series (Medley 2016)
- Soulcalibur (The Brave New Stage of History)
The Italian delegation made its triumphal entry accompanied by the notes of Kingdom Hearts.
May Victory Fanfare be with you all and good olympic games!
Thanks for reading!