Ubisoft announced that the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion will be available from March 9 for all game owners via a free update for Xbox One, Xbox Series X | S, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, the Epic Games store and the Ubisoft Store for Windows PC, Stadia, and Ubisoft +, Ubisoft’s subscription service.
Watch Dogs: Legion Online Mode will include the following features for all players in the free March 9 update:
- A cooperative open world free-roam where players can join their friends in groups of up to four people to explore London, participate in city events, complete missions and perform side activities.
- New co-op missions for two to four players that will use co-op gameplay mechanics and give players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team to fight the dangers in the most distinctive scenarios of the city.
- Pack Leader, the first four-player Tactical Operation that will require teamwork and efficiency. It will include five interconnected missions that will be endgame content, made for players looking for challenges. Players will need to plan and communicate effectively with their teammates, making sure they have up-to-date gadgets and recruit an efficient team of characters.
- The first PvP (Player-vs-Player) mode will be the Spiderbot Arena, where four players will control armed spider-drones and compete in fast-paced deathmatches.
By completing any online activity, players will earn experience points to increase their level and unlock various rewards such as exclusive cosmetic items and influence points to recruit new operatives or upgrade their DedSec gadgets.
On March 9, Season Pass owners will also have access to two exclusive single-player missions:
- DedSec outlines an algorithm that allows AI to ignore human decisions. If they don’t find it, it can be used to convert armed drones into autonomous killers.
Not in Our Name:
- A secret group is stealing the DedSec name. Even worse: they are stealing information, so their employer, an unscrupulous editor of tabloid newspapers, can use it to blackmail his victims.
Additionally, as part of Watch Dogs: Legion’s grand 2021 post-launch campaign, all players will have access to future free updates such as PvP Invasion, all new co-op missions and free characters. Season Pass holders will also have access to extra DedSec missions, Watch Dogs: Legion expansion, Bloodline, new playable protagonists such as Mina, a transhuman experiment guinea pig who possesses the ability to control minds; Darcy, member of the Order of Assassins; Aiden Pearce and Wrench from past episodes of Watch Dogs. The Season Pass of Watch Dogs: Legion is available for purchase as part of the Gold, Ultimate and Collector editions.
In Watch Dogs: Legion, London is doing badly. Amid the growing dissatisfaction, an unknown entity named Zero Day has placed the responsibility for the bomb attacks that shocked the city on the secret resistance of the DedSec. As a result, opportunistic criminals from every corner of London have filled the void left. As members of DedSec, players must take sides against these criminals in Watch Dogs: Legion; sadists, mercenaries, cybercriminals and many more. Players will need to recruit members to their team to face these criminals and be prepared to face them, freeing London and eventually discovering the identity of Zero-Day.